My 2016 fishing season concluded this past weekend with one last road trip to Lake Norman. I have gained so much experience this year. I have fished many different types of fisheries. From Douglas Lake, Tennessee to the sounds on the coast of North Carolina, these fisheries have helped me grow and become a more well rounded angler.
I am excited for 2017. I feel like I am now more ready to take on the rigours and challenges of fishing top level fishing events across the country. While I didn’t get that 1 statement victory in 2016, I progressed as an angler. I learnt how to slow down, how to read the water’s, how to land a fish and most importantly, how to dedicated myself to an event.
My 2016 Highlights
- Finished second in point standings in the Pitt County Bassmasters
- Two Club Tournament Wins (Falls Lake, Roanoke River)
- A new personal best bass (6+ lbs)
- Part of the North Carolina Bass Nation team that won the 2016 BASS Nation Team Tournament on Douglas Lake
- Successfully orchestrated and directed the Eastern NC Bass Challenge
- Tournament Director for the Carolina Anglers Team Trail East Trail
- Built numerous relationships and partnerships within the local fishing industry
- Fished 9 different bodies of water gaining crucial experience and techniques
There’s plenty to look forward to next year! Thanks for following me this year… stay on the lookout for bigger and better things in the VERY near future!